Monday, January 04, 2010
Grammar Greeting Gaffe: Is there more than one new year?
Hope everyone brought in 2010 in a celebratory fashion. It is always wonderful to receive so many beginning-of-year well wishes, especially because I'm one of those unfortunate people with a birthday that falls when people still haven't finished returning their Christmas gifts. But please, please stop saying and/or writing the following:Happy New Years!
Really? I didn't know that we were welcoming 2010 AND 2011 at once.
Also, a few folks asked me my thoughts on the group text message. You can go back in the archives to December 2007 for that one.
Holiday pet peeves? Post away.
Comments:
<< Home
It's a couple days into the new year and you're already negative. Does age make you bitter ? Or should I go to the archive of you and your cat ? You should be happy that someone text you. You could have been easily skipped over during a scroll down through the call log. Can't someone wish you a Happy New Year without you over analyzing their grammar ? This blog says a lot about your state of mind and how unhappy you are.
Yikes! Did you have a bad "New Years," angry anonymous person? Thought the tongue-in-cheekness of my blog is kind of obvious. Oh well - I'll make sure not to post any annoyances about "Valentimes Day" when it rolls around. ;-)
LOL at "Valentimes Day." Hey Rache, I am also annoyed by mass text messages (particularly those that say "Happy new years!"). I guess, unlike anonymous, I don't feel all that special to know that I was selected to receive an impersonal text message, although I do appreciate the heartfelt messages that are intended for me. In any event, I hope that this is a happy new year for you and anonymous as well. :)
Show yourself!!! How easy it is to hide behind the veil of anonymity. what a shame. Keep doing what you are doing Rachel. Some people can never be taught right from wrong.
I hated the mass text thing until I increased my plan and signed up for unlimited. I went over my plan one nov/dec and had to pay for all those stupid messages.... Now I just appreciate the thought, even if i'm one of many. I figure, it's better than being skipped over. And, now i don't have to pay $.10 for a simple ass "happy new year(s)" message.
A fun part of holiday texts is when you get messages from people that you have deleted from your phone (and sometimes your life)... and then you sit and wonder for just a few seconds who the hell it is, and why you deleted them.
A fun part of holiday texts is when you get messages from people that you have deleted from your phone (and sometimes your life)... and then you sit and wonder for just a few seconds who the hell it is, and why you deleted them.
Hey anonymous, who peed in your corn flakes? Does anonymity make YOU bitter? With the reference to the cat, clearly you are regularly reading this blog. If it makes you so angry, life's too short. Go twitter or something. geezz!!!!
Anyways, in response to the mass text, I am now a believer. I used to call about 3 people, then felt badly that I ignored everyone else. Now I call my parents, send the mass text and respond individually if I get a personalized response.
Anyways, in response to the mass text, I am now a believer. I used to call about 3 people, then felt badly that I ignored everyone else. Now I call my parents, send the mass text and respond individually if I get a personalized response.
Anonymous, you seem to be going in on the moderator hard, brother. My strong internal instinct suggests that you know Rachel and perhaps I am one of the few who prays to my God that you remain anonymous because while she handles you with grace I tend not to be built for tolerating cowards/bullys of any sort. So please stay in the cave. And be careful if you respond.... computers are my thang. I'll undress you;)
With that said New Years Eve can be a hectic night and I tend to only call my mother. The mass texts I appreciate because it means folks have stopped to salute me when they could really be minding their business. I'd feel a little left out if my friends stopped sending them.
With that said New Years Eve can be a hectic night and I tend to only call my mother. The mass texts I appreciate because it means folks have stopped to salute me when they could really be minding their business. I'd feel a little left out if my friends stopped sending them.
I'm Another Anonymous...and I'm here to tell the FIRST Anonymous that YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE. seriously.
Commenting on someone's blog and insulting them is something that LOSERS Do.
I laughed at this blog, my sentiments exactly. The Mass texts are just lazy and impersonal. I can't do it because it seems sooo transparent. Rachel, your sense of humor is fantastic and you are super talented, and we love you. 'Someone' else seems to have a Secret Crush on you and wants to remain anonymous and bitter because maybe you dissed him somewhere in life....:)
~anonymous
Commenting on someone's blog and insulting them is something that LOSERS Do.
I laughed at this blog, my sentiments exactly. The Mass texts are just lazy and impersonal. I can't do it because it seems sooo transparent. Rachel, your sense of humor is fantastic and you are super talented, and we love you. 'Someone' else seems to have a Secret Crush on you and wants to remain anonymous and bitter because maybe you dissed him somewhere in life....:)
~anonymous
Rachel! I am officially a loser! I say "New Years"! Thank you for saving me! P.S. I do NOT say Valentime's day though!!! I think it must be a southern thing..we put 's on the end of many things, lol!..you know..since all ya'll up there believe KC to be the "south"!So why is there an s on the end of valentine's day? Is there more than one of those too? If one is referring to the day..such as Happy New Year's Day..that's grammatically correct? If one is referring to the year..then it's just Happy New Year?! LOL this is hilarious!
Gena, oh how I miss you and your Kansas City ways! The key is the apostrophe: New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, etc. - all fine and good. You take that little thing out and suddenly you have an incorrectly plural situation. :-)
Someone actually said "ValentiMe's Day" tonight in my presence...I really didn't think it was possible...you can imagine my facial expression...
Post a Comment
<< Home


