Sunday, July 26, 2009

 

Roses are Red, Contestants aren't Brown: Come on, ABC!

The Bachelorette is one of my guilty TV pleasures, and has been since the first season. Click here to read my piece on The Root imploring the producers to diversify the show.  In the meantime, any thoughts on whom Jillian should pick Monday night?  I'm rooting for Kiptyn all the way, although I can relate to Ed, the guy who had to leave the show for a second because he had too much work to do at his job.  Shouldn't that happen more often on reality television?  Who has professions that allow for six-week long vacations?  

Comments:
I think that Reid may still have an "in" and is going to make things interesting. However, I'm cheering for Ed. I think Kiptyn will be the next Bachelor. :)
 
I didn't know you were a watcher of this drivel like me!! (and I agree with you that they need more color on that show)
I think Ed is a producer plant -- and something about him during the Hawaii episode had my gaydar going off...
My girls and I are rooting for Reid to make a comeback too. They must keep it interesting!!
 
Rooting for Kiptyn, but I think she's going to pick Reid. Jillian can't marry a man who has trouble performing in the bedroon, so Ed is out. We'll see soon.
 
Okay so I have been struggling with this because I was secretly rooting for Ed because I wanted to dispell the myth that women do not want a good guy. But I confess Ed is too boring, she is not going to pic him. Nice guys finish last.

Divadoc (can't remember my log-on :()
 
I'm happy Ed did okay tonight...i was feeling bad for him under performing on the last show. I like Reid though so I hope she picks him!
 
Holy comoley! Is Jillian proving me wrong right now? I am so impressed! Hmm, let's see when Reid gets in the mix.
 
Ok. TOTALLY loved the piece you wrote for The Root!! Especially, this part "I’ll bet some of your concern is that you might lose viewers if you had a black star. But take a lesson from Bravo’s The Real Housewives series. When the show moved from Orange County to Atlanta, its ratings went through the roof." Dude!!! Right on point! Oh, yeah and I also liked when you said "Why is it that if an African American wants to humiliate him- or herself on national TV in search of a mate, the only options are I Love New York or For the Love of Ray J? Are we not suitable for major networks?". Nice, very, very nice...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?