Saturday, August 02, 2008

 

Their Eyes Were Watching Michael: A Fortunate Encounter

Ever since I first saw Michael Ealy in Kissing Jessica Stein a ton of years ago (i.e., before Barbershop), he has monopolized the #1 slot on my "actors I'd love to meet" list. He solidified his place there after I began No More Lies in 2004 and created the central character of Jason based on his physical, and what I imagined to be his emotional characteristics. When I turned the novel into a feature script, he was always who I envisioned starring in the film. He reinforced his position after playing a smoldering Tea Cake in Oprah's pretty durn decent adaptation of my favorite novel. So imagine my excitement when I learned he would be screening his film, Jellysmoke, at the Roxbury Film Festival this weekend. Now that he has a copy of No More Lies in his possession, I need everyone to collectively cross his/her fingers that he will read it and love it. As a matter of fact, do you own a copy? http://www.amazon.com/No-More-Lies-Rachel-Skerritt/dp/0758216017/sr=8-5/qid=1169163807/ref=sr_1_5/104-2156885-3819107?ie=UTF8&s=books

On a related note, folks have been asking whether I've converted When The Lights Go Down into a screenplay as yet. I haven't, perhaps because I can't picture who would be cast in any of the roles. Let me know if you have ideas. The male lead would have to be able to sing and act.

Comments:
Also an endearing encounter ! I don't remember him in Kissing Jessica Stein. Screenplay choices for Jason: Michael Ealy, Mr. Mariah Carey and LL Cool J. Keeping my fingers crossed.
 
Wow! You've been talking about wanting to meet Michael Ealy for a while. He would make the perfect Jason. Hope his people call your people! :-)
 
Congrats on your accomplishments Miss! Keep up the effortless work!

I definitely see Tyrese as the lead in When The Lights Go Down. He has a rugged handsomeness to him that screams sexy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?